Home learning: jump into a painting
Jump into a painting
Imagine you’ve just jumped straight into this painting.
Figures on a Harbour by William Henry Charlton
- Where are you? Describe the scene.
- What can you smell?
- What can you hear?
- Think of names for the children and the fisherman. What are they saying?
- Write a short story or poem about the scene.
- Put yourself in the picture. Draw it or use photoshop.
- Paint a picture of the sea using different shades of blue and purple.
This activity is great for children aged five to 10 years old, but is adaptable for any age.